Book Blogger Hop 6/30-7/6

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer

Name a book that changed your life.

I would have to say Tolkien's works as a whole; The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings in particular. These novels taught me about true heroism, sacrifice, loyalty,  and courage. They kindled my love for literature and fantasy and awed me with Tolkien's amazing writing. Tolkien's characters became (and still are) examples of the type of person I want to be. Tolkien's novels (and the movies inspired by them) have given me encouragement and have helped me through tough times. They've given me lots of joy and are filled with valuable lessons and wisdom. I can't help but get excited whenever I talk about anything Tolkien-related. I've connected with amazing people through a mutual love of Tolkien and his writing. So these books have definitely changed my life and I am so grateful.   

Comments

  1. Nice answer, and nice to see you on the Blog Hop this week.

    There have been wonderful answers to this question, yours included.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer


    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL answer!! Tolkien is one of my idols. I ADORE "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"!!!! So here's yet another Tolkien fan!!

    I think that the enduring appeal of these fantasy works are due to the fact that Tolkien informed his works with his own spiritual, highly ethical world view. He created characters with integrity, courage, and wisdom. I can see how these novels have taught you so much! I totally agree with you!!

    These books are indeed immortal treasures, and I think it's a great idea to revisit them from time to time, because they are just so satisfying, on so many levels, but especially the spiritual one!

    Thanks for sharing your love of Tolkien with this fellow ardent Tolkien fan!!! H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. A typo..... I meant to type "is due to the fact that...". Also, I clicked on "Publish" too quickly, lol. I meant to add, "Have a GREAT weekend!!" <3 : )

      Delete
  3. For me it would be Outlander. I got me back into reading after 4 years of studying English Lit in college.

    Terri M., the Director
    http://secondrunreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Outlander! That's also a great choice :)

      Delete

Post a Comment