Books I'm Looking Forward to Reading

Just thought I'd share some books I'm excited about!

Iron Gold by Pierce Brown
Iron Gold: Book 4 of the Red Rising Saga (Red Rising Series) by [Brown, Pierce]
I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of the Red Rising trilogy so I'm really excited about there being a fourth book. Now it's the Red Rising saga as opposed to trilogy. This comes out October 31st (trick or treat!).

Beren and Luthien by J.R.R. Tolkien (edited by Christopher Tolkien)

Everyone knows what a giant Tolkien fan I am. I'm really excited about this. Beren and Luthien was my favorite part of the Silmarillion. I'm really excited to see the different texts and the changes the story went through. Plus illustrations by Alan Lee! This comes out June 1st.

Red Rising: Sons of Ares
Pierce Brown's Red Rising: Son Of Ares #1 by [Brown, Pierce, Hoskin, Rik]
Not only is there another book in the series, but there's graphic novels! Very excited. It's a prequel to the Red Rising saga. May 10th! So close.

The Unworthy Thor by Jason Aaron

As far as comics go I usually like to wait and  get trade copies so I can read it all in one go instead of waiting and having to track down each issue. So I'm excited about The Unworthy Thor series. I've been reading the Mighty Thor series (in which Thor is unworthy to wield the hammer and a mysterious woman takes up the mantle of Thor). It'll be cool to see Thor's (or Odinson as he's been going by) point of view. This comes out June 6th.

Hawkeye: Kate Bishop Vol. 1 Anchor Points by Kelly Thompson

I'm so excited Kate Bishop has her own series. I've actually read the first couple of issues and really like it. I think I'm going to wait until the trade copy comes out to finish it. It comes out June 13th.

There are also some books that are already out that I'm planning on reading as soon as I get the chance.

Mighty Thor Vol. 2: Lords of Midgard by Jason Aaron

I'm behind in the Mighty Thor series. I want to read this before Unworthy Thor comes out.

Doctor Strange Vol. 3: Blood in the Aether by Jason Aaron

I love this series. I have a copy of this, I just need to find time to sit down and read it.

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
Truly Madly Guilty by [Moriarty, Liane]
I loved Big Little Lies (and am currently watching the TV adaptation which is awesome!). I've been wanting to read this one for a while.

To Kill A Kettle Witch by Barb Hendee
To Kill a Kettle Witch (Novel of the Mist-Torn Witches) by [Hendee, Barb]

I've really enjoyed the Mist-Torn Witches series so far. This is the fourth book. It's another book I have a copy of but need to make time to sit down and read.

And a bonus: A book I'd been impatiently waiting for that finally came out and I read- Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman! It was awesome. I bought it the day it came out. Definitely worth the wait.
 Norse Mythology by [Gaiman, Neil]



Comments