Book Blogger Hop: March 11-17

Book Blogger Hop
A weekly meme hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer

Do you believe audio books are the future and why do believe?

I'm more of a visual learner so I prefer reading to audio books. However, I do really enjoy audio dramas of books. Audio books are definitely a great option for auditory learners, people who cannot read (like vision-related problems etc), and people who just enjoy them. But I don't think they will replace books. Even e-readers haven't replaced books.   

Comments

  1. Nice answer! I totally agree -- audio books will never replace printed books. I think we bookworms will just continue to have the three options of printed books, ebooks, and audio books, with printed books being the overwhelming favorites!

    Happy Reading! Have a GREAT weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I hadn't thought of this aspect. I agree though I have to say a book can be ruined by the wrong narrator.

    Sportochick’s Musings Answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to see that most folks don't think audio books will replace print.

    Thanks for sharing, and I hope you are having a good Saturday.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a visual learner too. I actually turned to audiobooks in hopes I could improve my audio-ability (yeah, I know that's not really a word) to learn. So far it hasn't much helped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I doubt audio books would ever replace print books! I absoloutely prefer print books over audiobooks because audiobooks take me so much longer to get through, even when I speed the speaking time up to 2x. Like, when I was listning to City of Bones on audiobook it was a 15 hour long audio book, while the actual book would have taken me about two hours to read, so I found it to be a total waste of time. But I agree that they are a great option for auditory learners and eople who can't read

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment