Movie Soundtracks

So this is a little OT from books (although I could stretch it and mention that some of these movies are book adaptations). I just felt like talking about some of my favorite movie soundtracks! I love listening to movie soundtracks and many of my favorites have amazing music. So here's a list of some of my favorites!

Lord of the Rings trilogy: Epic! One of my favorite tracks is "The Breaking of the Fellowship" from the first movie. Also the songs from the credits are always epic.

The Hobbit trilogy: I love the tune to the Song of the Misty Mountains and the main theme. The movies also have epic after-credits songs and I look forward to hearing the third one!

Gladiator: Just hearing this music makes me get emotional. "Now We Are Free" starts playing and I have to sob in a corner for a bit.

Cold Mountain: Set in the area I live I love the authenticity and beauty of the music.

Last if the Mohicans: Epic. Need I say more?

Requiem for a Dream: Intense and emotional.

Star Trek Into Darkness: I was surprised I loved this soundtrack so much. I loved the first movie's music but this one is awesome!

Atonement: Emotional and beautiful.

Memoirs of a Geisha: This features Itzhak Perlman and Yo-Yo Ma. Yep.

The Painted Veil: More people need to see this movie! (And read the novel of course)! It has awesome music!

I know I'm probably leaving off several awesome soundtracks that I love. So I may end up doing a follow-up list. I purposely left off musicals (or else the list would be really long). So that's it for now. Maybe I'll do a few more movie lists like movies that always make me cry or pros and cons of book to movie adaptations etc.

 

Comments