My Summer Reading List 2014

Right now I am definitely writing this blog  instead of working on an essay due in a week (Faust has been around this long I'm sure it will last until I'm done blogging). I've decided to post a tentative summer reading list! Note that I read classics all year long in school so these are my pleasure-reading books (not that classics aren't a pleasure but there's only so much Proust I can handle).

I will update the list with what I'm working on and what I've finished!
This means I've finished! 
  1. A Feast For Crows by George RR Martin
  2. The Diviners by Libba Bray
  3. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  4. White Crow by Marcus Sedgwick
  5. Requiem for a Dream by Hubert Selby Jr.
  6. She Is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick
  7.  And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
  8. Midwinter Blood by Marcus Sedgwick
  9.  the last several books in the Bloody Jack series by LA Meyer
  10. the last several books in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams
  11. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  12. The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
  13. Nemesis by Philip Roth 
  14. Nightwoods by Charles Frazier
  15. A Dance With Dragons by George RR Martin
  16. Into Thin Air by John Krakauer 
  17. The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien 
  18. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
  19. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  20. The Goldfinch by Donna Tart
  21. Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor
  22. Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
  23. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
  24. The Children of Húrin by JRR Tolkien 
  25. Fledgling by Octavia Butler
  26. The Rain Before It Falls by Jonathan Coe  
  27. The never-before-published translation of Beowulf by JRR Tolkien!

Comments

  1. Wow, that's quite a list! Are you a Marcus Sedgwick fan? I thought Midwinterblood was brilliant, and I see a bunch more here that I really love too. Looks like you're going to have a terrific summer, judging by your reading material!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am! I loved The Foreshadowing and the Doctor Who short story he wrote a while back. I'm super excited to do some pleasure reading this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment