Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday (on a Wed.) 


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week is the top ten popular authors I've never read. 

As a Literature major I've gotten a lot of exposure to authors that I had never heard of, much less read. But there's still some greats that I haven't gotten around to reading yet but want to.

  1. John Green (The Fault in Our Stars)
  2. Neil Gaiman (The Ocean at the End of the Lane, The Sandman)- it's also worth noting he's written for Doctor Who which is my favorite show. 
  3. Leo Tolstoy (Anna Karenina, War and Peace)- I know as a Lit. major I should have read him, but he's just so intimidating! 
  4. Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)
  5. Stephen King (Carrie, Cujo, The Shining, etc.)- I'm a wimp. The movies freaked me out enough, but someday I will suck it up and read his books!
  6. Hubert Selby, Jr. (Requiem for a Dream)
  7. Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)
  8. Joseph Heller (Catch-22)
  9. Kurt Vonnegut (Slaughterhouse Five)
  10. Jon Krakaur (Into Thin Air and Into the Wild

Comments