Book Blogger Hop: Oct. 11-17th


Book Blogger Hop

Halloween edition! 

What scary book would you like turned into a movie? 

Being a wimp, it is hard for me to conjure up scary books I've read (and my idea of scary is probably not the same as other people's idea). Also, many scary books have been made into movies already. 


   I would really like a legit version of Frankenstein that sticks with the original book. All of the versions I've seen take liberties with the story and the book itself is scary because of its rawness and the fact that it tries to define what humanity is. 
   It is a poem, but Der Erlkönig (The Erlking) by Wolfgang von Goethe would be scary as a film if someone could stretch it out long enough.
   Flowers in the Attic is scary, not Halloween-monster scary, but a good movie adaptation would intense.
   Not a very good list, but like I said earlier I am a total wimp and why away from scary things. "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!" is more my speed.

 


Comments