Book Blogger Hop #3: Missing Pages



A weekly book blogger meme hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer!


Have you ever ended up reading a book with its last or last few pages missing? What book was it? And how did you managed to get to the end?

I am glad someone has asked this, because this has been haunting me for years! I read the novel Ebola by William T. Close. It was exciting, based on true events, and very intense. I neared the end and was horrified to see that the last fifty or so pages had been misprinted, it was the first chapter! So I was abruptly cut off before the resolution. Because I had ordered it almost 6 months earlier (it took me a while yo get around to reading it) Amazon wouldn't let me return it. Because it is an older book (my edition was 1995) there are no digital copies that I could find. 

So, I could try ordering the book again, maybe trying to find a different edition. I was just frustrated initially and didn't want to pay for another book. So, if by chance anyone else knows of this book in an edition that is not bogus, please let me know! 

And sorry that this answer turned into a somewhat-long rant type thing. 

Comments

  1. I would try the library before buying a new book.

    Thanks for stopping by my answer.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment