Top Ten Tues.: Books Set in a Fantasy Setting

Sponsored by the blog Broke and the Bookish

Tuesday August 13th: "Top Ten Favorite Books With X Setting"

I chose fantasy, because having a whole made up world just makes a book even more awesome! Setting of the book appears in blue! 


  1. The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien Middle Earth
  2. Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin Westeros/Seven Kingdoms
  3. The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins Panem
  4. Protector of the Small quartet (as well as the Lioness quartet and the Immortals quartet) by Tamora Pierce Tortall
  5. Chronicles of Narnia series by CS Lewis Narnia
  6. Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll  Wonderland
  7. 1984 by George Orwell Republic of Oceania 
-Honorable mention: Gallifrey, destroyed planet of the Time Lords from the Doctor Who series (technically there are books).

*Note: I listed the most general name for the settings, many are divided up into further territories/states etc. 



Comments

  1. I love that you mentioned Gallifrey. I wish I would have thought of that for my fantasy list. We have a few matches, though.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I always have to throw in a Doctor Who reference or two! You also had some awesome fantasy-setting books on your list!

      Delete

Post a Comment